WELCOME! We are so excited you want to be part of our boutique!
Here's how consignment works at Raylee:
WHAT WE ACCEPT
- We are looking for high-quality and luxury clothing, shoes, handbags, sunglasses, and other accessories. We prefer current styles (within the past few years) that are in new and like-new condition. Check out our social media and our website (What We're Looking For Right Now and Labels We Love (And A Few We Don't)) to see what we are interested in (and what we don't take). Consignment is seasonal, and as such, we generally take summer items from May-July, fall from August-November, winter and resort from November-February, and spring from February-April. We accept seasonless items year-round.
- All consignment items must be brought in clean (laundered and lint-rolled, or dry cleaned; shoes should be wiped down inside and out; purses and wallets should be empty) and in otherwise sellable condition (free of stains, holes, or smells) on hangers or folded in bags (we will not accept items in garbage bags). Any dry cleaning or repair charges will be deducted from the consignor's account. Raylee reserves the right to donate any items that have noticeable stains or flaws two weeks after we have contacted the consignor to pick up any items still at the shop.
- When you bring in items to consign, we will select what we think will work best in our shop, based on what our customers are looking for. We may not select some of your items for consignment. Please understand that this is not personal about you or your clothes or your personal style - our curation of items must be constantly adapting to customer demand, trends, and fluctuations in inventory levels.
CONSIGNMENT PERIOD + DONATION POLICY
- The consignment period for most items is 60 days; higher priced luxury items may consign for 120 days.
- You will be given a card with the expiration date at the time of consignment and you will be emailed a link to our consignor portal where you can track your items on your personal consignor page to see when they sell.
- Unsold items not picked up in 7 calendar days after the designated consignment expiration date become the property of Raylee to donate or sell or use at our discretion. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to track your own expiration date (we do not call/email each consignor when their items expire; instead we give you unlimited access to the consignor portal so you can check your expiration date as often as you like). If you would like to pick up unsold items, please call or email with 48 hours notice and we will have your items ready for you.
Please initial: ________
- Please choose one: [ ] I would like my unsold items returned. [ ] I do NOT want my unsold items returned.
PRICING + CONSIGNOR PAYOUTS
- Raylee sets prices on all consigned items, including occasional markdowns from the originally marked consignment price.
- Once an item sells, the consignment split is 40% of the funds received to the consignor and 60% of the funds received to Raylee. This amount may be paid out at the consignor's request as check or Venmo (we do not make cash payouts).
- If the consignor would like to use their balance as store credit instead of being paid out, an additional 10% of the balance will be added to the consignor's total (e.g., a $40 cashout balance would become $44 in store credit).
- Your account will be credited as soon as your items sell and you may use your credit immediately. If you would like to use your store credit online, please use the Notes box during checkout to let us know and your credit will be applied as a refund when your order is fulfilled. OR call the shop and we will be happy to process your order over the phone (this is preferable).
- If you would like a check or Venmo payout, please call or email the shop and we will have a check ready for you to pick up (or Venmo sent) within the next two business days. If you would like your check mailed, we will deduct a $2 service fee from your account. Check/Venmo payouts can be made up to six months after items sell. After that time, all payouts will be made as store credit only.
- There is a $1/month consignment fee for all consignors who have active items.
- Raylee has a no returns policy, but may decide on an individual basis to bend that rule. If an item is returned, the item will again be "active" on the consignor's account with the original expiration date. Additionally, if the consignor has already been paid out, the consignor's account will be debited the amount of the return.
LEGAL RIGHT TO CONSIGNED ITEMS + AUTHENTICITY
- You guarantee that all items consigned to Raylee for sale are lawfully and entirely owned by you or you are acting on behalf of a person(s) who has given you the authority to sell such items on their behalf. You will indemnify Raylee for any damages, penalties, fines, fees, or judgements for any issue arising due to the rights of the lawful owner of the merchandise being placed on consignment.
- Only original, authentic designer items are accepted by Raylee for consignment. By submitting items for consignment, you are guaranteeing that the items are authentic designer items and not counterfeit or "knockoffs." These items should be accompanied with their original receipt and/or authentication card (plus we love original dustbags and shoe boxes for designer goods). If you do not have the original receipt or authentication card, we will have each item professionally authenticated. A $30 authentication fee will be deducted from your earnings. If at any point during the consignment period they are found to be inauthentic, you understand they will be donated or used in a manner determined by Raylee.
- Raylee shall be the sole seller of consigned items during the consignment period. You understand and agree that you may not concurrently sell items yourself (e.g., having an item at Raylee and also on Poshmark, Ebay, etc., at the same time).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Raylee will make reasonable efforts to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible and have no liability for any loss, theft, or damage to such items.
This contract between Raylee Consignment, LLC ("Raylee") and you is binding under the laws of the State of Oregon. You have read this document in its entirety and by signing below, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions herein.
CITY, STATE + ZIP:
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS:
[ ] Check here if you do not want to be added to our mailing list